Friday, 25 September 2015

Here I am, back in the game

Whoa! It's been 4 months since I wrote something. Sounds terrible, isn't it? This time it is not procrastination as I had lots and lots of stuffs going on with my personal as well as professional life. The period from May-August proved to be the most interesting months of my life as I had the opportunity to visit United States of America. Visa interviews, documentation, travel, work stuffs, household responsibilities, financial management... I wonder what turned me so responsible (FYI, I wasn't like this earlier).  

You might be wondering what was I doing all these months? I guess it's time to break the ice (well, it might sound like one but there isn't any mystery). 

USA Trip
I had an opportunity to visit the beautiful state of Wisconsin during the month of July. It was a short business trip, which lasted for 13 days. Prepping for the trip was quite challenging as I had to get all my paperwork done in a right way for the smooth processing of my visa, the part I thoroughly enjoyed. 

I traveled in an airline which I didn't knew about its existence until I saw the name on my ticket - Etihad airways. I was surprised to know that Etihad, Abu Dhabi based, is one of the top operating airline (next to Emirates). The services were good but the part where I had to sit for 14 hours long (Abu Dhabi to Chicago) was kinda clumsy. 

Hannibal (Season 1 - Season 3)
Post Dexter, it took me almost 5 months to start another series and this time I decided to watch 'Hannibal', as suggested by one of my friend. Trust me, this is way too gory than Dexter, yet it was extremely entertaining. Packed with brilliant performances by Hugh Dancy and Mads Mikkelsen (Hannibal), this series is a must watch for those who enjoyed watching Dexter. Again, I had a marathon completing all the three seasons within the time frame of a month (took me close to 3 weeks to complete 39 episodes). I had a blast watching season 2 and season 3 finale as they were the most intriguing episodes that gave a nerve chilling experience. I feel bad hearing rumors that the Season 4 has been cancelled. I hope that it gets revived and now I would have to wait for an year or more to catch up with the forthcoming seasons (fun).


Movies
Wherever I go, I have the habit of watching a movie. I managed to watch the movie 'Ant Man' in 2D at Marcus Cinema, La Crosse (USA). The theatre had excellent interiors but the sound was normal. I prefer my hometown Chennai when it comes to experiencing movies. Post my US trip, I had the opportunity to watch few of the long awaited movies - Mission Impossible Rogue Nation, Minions and The Man from U.N.C.L.E, all in big screens. I enjoyed Rogue Nation and Guy Ritchie's movie, but Minions failed to impress me. Maybe I expected too much from that movie (Minions) and it didn't satisfy those (agreed, expectation hurts).


The ice melts here. I've written this because I couldn't think of anything else to write and I badly wanted to write something as my alter ego (writer part of me) needs some oxygen. 

7 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    Long time no see! Etihad are good... I flew with them to/from India and will be very shortly on their flights again headed back to OZ for a couple of months. Seems you had a good trip and have been using your time differently... but it is good to get back to writing also! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you, Yamini. Hope you're doing well. Yes, Etihad are good but I heard that Cathay Pacific and Emirates are way better than Etihad. Anyways, i'll have to try the other airlines to get to a conclusion.

      Delete
  2. Good to see you back and taking time for your alter ego... :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't let your writer go another four months again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Andy, I didn't realize it was you :) Yeah, i'll try to keep my alter ago awake :P

      Delete
  4. Good to see you back in game Ashwin. Haven't watched Despicable Me yet but then I went for Minions. At last I fell in love with the trio. :P
    keep writing. :)

    ReplyDelete